WHAT GAVE RISE TO THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE INSTITUTE?
Apart from the necessity of positive attitude in every society, there are increasing cases of deviant behaviours and negative attitudes in our work places, Educational Institutions, Government and even in our Homes. The situation gets worse day by day. According to Peter Drucker ”we are caught in our own web”. Except something is done fast, we may slide further down the hill Attitude Changes everything.
The Institute of Attitudinal Change Managers is duly approved and recognized by the Federal Ministry of Education and Federal Ministry of Justice under company and Allied Matters Act 1999 in February 2014.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The Institute is a professional and examining body established with the aim of making a subject out of Attitude Change and to professionalise attitudinal change management.
It seeks to promote the study and adoption of scientific method of producing a generation of Managers who are equipped to change negative attitude of people and re-orientate them towards productive endeavour and Good behaviour in our organizations, society and nation at large.
The Institute currently undertakes Membership Certification, Members Capacity Building, Organization of Attitudinal Change Training for Institutions/ Organization Employees, Research and Consultancy, and Social Campaign on positive attitude.
REQUIREMENT FOR MEMBERSHIP
Interested and duly qualified persons with B.Sc/HND/MA, MSC, MBA, MPA, PhD, and Diploma can apply for membership Such persons are expected to undergo a training programme according to the training options available on the following expanded course modules; Value re-orientation; Building positive attitude, Nation building and national consciousness and Enterprise Behavior and Skills. The completion of this training will qualify members for direct membership and eventual induction.
- It equips you as a Change Manager
- It enhances your job prospects, promotion and strategic placement at work
- It boosts your existing professional status
- It offers you an unblemished professional identity highly sought after
- You can use the Institute designatory letter AACM, MACM, FACM as appropriate after your name
- The Membership will afford you international exposure through seminars and workshops.
CATEGORY OF MEMBERSHIP
(i) Student Member (Affiliate Status):
Affiliate membership is open to full time and part time undergraduate of Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges of Education
(ii) Graduate Member:
Graduate membership is open to people with B.Sc, HND and its equivalent, and National Diploma and National Certificate in Education with experience
This is open to those with B.Sc, HND or its equivalent with at least 1 year working experience in any discipline.
(Iv) Full Member:
This is open to those with B.Sc, HND or its equivalent with at least 3 years working experience or M.Sc/MBA or its equivalent with at least 2 years working experience.
The fellowship category is attained by:
- At least 5 – 10 years unblemished working experience.
- Exemplary conduct in an organization and society.
- Contribution to the development of the Institute and to the society.
(vi) Distinguished Fellows
Distinguished fellow shall be conferred on deserving persons as follows:
- Those who have unblemished career records
- Those who have contributed immensely to the society
- Those who have immensely promoted positive behavior in the society
- Those who have encouraged the growth of the Institute
OPTION OF TRAINING FOR CERTIFICATION
Option i: 1 month weekend course for Graduate members/Associate members/Full members/Fellows respectively
Option ii: 3 days intensive training for Graduate members/Associate members/Full members/Fellows respectively
Option iii: 3 months weekend course for Student members only
Option iv: Personal study/answering case study question for Student members/Graduate members/Associate members/Full members/Fellows respectively
COMPETENCY CERTIFICATION COURSE FOR THE INDUCTION OF MEMBERS
The Following certified course modules will be used to pre- qualify members for the Induction
- Value Re-orientation
- Understanding the society
- Ethics and Value
- Organizational Culture
- Integrity and Discipline
- Language and Speech
- Building Positive Attitude
- Changing your mind set
- Change management process
- Attitudinal change management
- Productive centered behavior
- Nation Building
- Nation building
- Civic responsibility
- National consciousness
- Globalization and cyber world:Protecting national interest
- Enterprise Behavior and Skills
- Leadership development skills
- Basic management and Project Management skills
- Inter-personal relationship and networking
- Basic financial literacy
- Enterprise Management Skills
In the near future, induction will be by examination.
FEE PAYABLE PER CATEGORY
(i) Affiliate member (student) = N15, 000 (including registration)
(ii) Graduate member = N20,000 (including registration)
(iii) Associate member = N30,000 (including registration)
(iv) Full member = N40,000( including registration)
(V) Fellows = N90,000( including registration)
NOTE: Of the above fee, Registration is N5,000 for Student and Graduate Members, N10,000 for Associate and Full Members.
Payment for registration and direct membership should be made to:
(a) Access Bank
A/c Name: Institute of Attitudinal Change Manager
A/c No: 0690375406
(B) Diamond Bank
A/c Name: Institute of Attitudinal Change Manager
A/c No: 0046333244